I was about to abandon this blog, until today I read and watch some news about gaijin in Japan. So anyway,… I’m not here to discuss about the news, but rememorizing my promises to my ‘sobat-sobat’ (friends, tomodachi) back home I realize that I should start to write on this blog again. I hope my journal can give them more consideration in taking scholarship abroad.
So anyway, since my sponsor here is JICA, so maybe the information will only limited to it. First thing that you should take as a deep consideration is how much allowance that you’ll get from your sponsor. JICA gave several allowances, but you don’t wanna know the details. Bottom line is, here’s what you’ll get if you have the same sponsor as I do:
So anyway, since my sponsor here is JICA, so maybe the information will only limited to it. First thing that you should take as a deep consideration is how much allowance that you’ll get from your sponsor. JICA gave several allowances, but you don’t wanna know the details. Bottom line is, here’s what you’ll get if you have the same sponsor as I do:
- On arrival’s Allowances
It’ll consist of three kinds of allowances:
a. Computer Allowances (¥ 129,000)
b. Outfit and shipping allowances (¥ 115,000)
c. First 2 months (39 days) daily allowances (¥ 128,427) - Daily Allowances ¥ 3,293 (for those who stays at JICA Center)
This daily allowances already included books allowance and domestic trips allowance. Beside this daily allowance you’ll also receive free breakfast and meal card which cost ¥ 600 per day.
So, if you happen to read articles or brochures or any other kind of information, just keep in mind that bottom line is those figures are what you’re gonna get from JICA.
Now let me describe more details about computer allowance usage. Basically, you have to spend it within 2 months. If you failed it, the allowance shall be withdrew (doesn’t matter even if you already took the cash from your ATM). You can buy a cheaper computer, so the rest of the allowance also shall be withdrew or you can also buy more than the allowance but with your own cost… so none of the computer allowance shall be returned to JICA.
Now let me describe more details about computer allowance usage. Basically, you have to spend it within 2 months. If you failed it, the allowance shall be withdrew (doesn’t matter even if you already took the cash from your ATM). You can buy a cheaper computer, so the rest of the allowance also shall be withdrew or you can also buy more than the allowance but with your own cost… so none of the computer allowance shall be returned to JICA.
But also noted that the allowance only provided for computer (PC/laptop) including any software included in the packaged and it is not intended to buy others than that such as additional keyboard, mouse, printer or software. If you wondering what kind of laptop that you can get here in Tokyo by that, then let me tell you what I got, and where did I get it from. In Tokyo there’s a ‘glodok’s looks like’ area named Akihabara, but don’t ever think you can avoid taxes like in glodok…. No, not here, not in Japan. Here’s some view of akihabara:
And here’s the route that we were taking from TIC (Tokyo International Center):
And this is the laptop, it was a Satellite PSU52U- TOSHIBA Laptop. In Akihabara I got it for ¥ 129,600 including tax. Not bad, ah? But please don’t compare the price with the tax-free stuffs from glodok. Even I bought it in a duty free shop, but since my visa is a 2-years visa so it is excluded from getting a duty free shopping.
So, maybe latter I’ll tell about the other allowance and also Japan’s condition for living and studying or any other information that might useful. Till then, I shall continue my benkyo o shimasu to be prepared for 9/24 placement tests.
And this is the laptop, it was a Satellite PSU52U- TOSHIBA Laptop. In Akihabara I got it for ¥ 129,600 including tax. Not bad, ah? But please don’t compare the price with the tax-free stuffs from glodok. Even I bought it in a duty free shop, but since my visa is a 2-years visa so it is excluded from getting a duty free shopping.
So, maybe latter I’ll tell about the other allowance and also Japan’s condition for living and studying or any other information that might useful. Till then, I shall continue my benkyo o shimasu to be prepared for 9/24 placement tests.
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar